Punisher Annual (2009) #1 is a one-shot published by Marvel.
- Writer: Rick Remender
- Artist: Jason Pearson
- Colorist: Dave Stewart
- Cover Artist: Jason Pearson
“REMOTE CONTROL” The Punisher faces his greatest challenge yet: Trapped in the throes of a hypnotic spell, Spider-Man’s gone psycho and he wants to grind Frank Castle’s bones to paste! And since Spidey’s not really to blame for his actions, Castle faces a dilemma: Fight (the only way he knows how) or die. Can the Punisher survive a bloodthirsty Wall-Crawler long enough to disconnect him from the control of the Dirty Dozen’s leaders, Letha and Lascivious? Super-star artist Jason Pearson joins regular series writer Rick Remender. Parental Advisory
*** Beware – spoilers may be found below ***
- Remender and Pearson!
- I like Pearson’s take on Spider-Man.
- “I told you that goatee was ridiculous.” Indeed.
- This is not the Punisher that I prefer. His motorcycle has a skull face on the front — is it his version of the Batcycle?
- The Punisher with pumpkin grenades.
- When Spidey is mind-controlled to kill the Punisher.
- Spidey throwing the Punisher over a building.
- Mind-control mayhem at the wounded vets meeting.
- The Punisher pushing a pinless pumkin grenade into a villain’s mouth.
- When Spidey is mind-controlled that he is in love with the Punisher.
Punisher Annual (2009) #1
I’m a fan of both Rick Remender’s writing and Jason Pearson’s art but the Punisher Annual wouldn’t be the example I’d use of their best work. Your mileage my differ.