Agent Elvis: Season 1 (2023)
Written by: Mike Arnold (ep. 1; 4; 6; 10); Casper Kelly (ep.2); Mark Ganek (ep.3); Matt Roller (ep.5; 9); Asha Wilson (ep. 7); John Eddie (ep. 8)
Directed by: Gary Ye
Stars: Matthew McConaughey, Kaitlin Olson, Johnny Knoxville, Niecy Nash, Tom Kenny, Don Cheadle, Fred Armisen, Chris Elliott, Baz Luhrmann, Gary Cole, Ed Helms, Simon Pegg, Craig Robinson, Kieran Culkin and Priscilla Presley
Elvis is recruited by The Commander to join a US government agency to become one of their secret agents. Elvis, his best friend Ray and Elvis’ out of control monkey Scatter, are partnered with CeCe Ryder on various missions.
In season one Elvis…
- is marked for death by Charles Manson and his cult
- meets Howard Hughes on a nuclear plane while fighting enemy agents for control of the craft
- has the filming of his movie with Mary Tyler Moore (Change of Habit) interrupted when Elvis goes rouge to stop a drug deal
- attends the famous Altamonte Free Concert with The Rolling Stones bodyguarded by the Hell’s Angels
- goes to Washington, DC to meet President Nixon and discovers enemy agents in the White House
- goes to Viet Nam to entertain the troups and discovers the use of a weapon used for mind control
- tracks down Timothy Leary to gain information on mind-control drugs
- seeks information on “Project Tupelo”
- learns that his satellite for “Aloha From Hawaii” concert is being prepped to use as a mind-control weapon
Thoughts (beware of spoilers)…
I loved Agent Elvis. The animation is perfect for the series. Getting name actors to voice the characters is a plus and of course, having the participation of Priscilla Presley is the icing on the cake. It’s cool how actual events and famous personalities are incorporated into the series. It’s a bit over the top, but that’s part of the fun.
Agent Elvis: Season 1 (2023) earns 5 of 5 stars.