Blood & Gold (2023)
Director: Peter Thorwarth
Screenplay: Stefan Barth, Peter Thorwarth
Stars: Robert Maaser, Jördis Triebel, Alexander Scheer, Marie Hacke, Connor Long and Roy McCrerey.
The end of the war is close at hand. Von Starnfeld, a disfigured SS Commandant, leads his unit into a small German village. Von Starnfeld knows there’s gold hidden somewhere in the town. He just doesn’t know where. Von Starnfeld is willing to torture or kill anyone and everyone if it will get him the gold. Only a German deserter and young woman are willing to take a stand against Von Starnfeld and his Nazis. Let the fun begin.
Thoughts (beware of spoilers)
Blood & Gold contains all of the things you’d want in a World War II movie:
- It starts off with a bang.
- A handsome hero
- A woman willing to risk her life to help our hero
- A disfigured, evil SS Leader
- An evil, sadistic Second-in-Command to the SS Leader
- Nazis who enjoy their power and use it to do bad things
- Plenty of hand-to-hand fights
- Plenty of shootouts
- A couple of twists and a surprise or two
Blood & Gold isn’t a great movie, but it is a good one. If it sounds like something you’d like, give it a shot.
Blood & Gold (1972) rates 3 of 5 stars.