I’ve been tagged by Rick at On My Mind.
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Write six random things about yourself.
4) Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.
So here are six random things about me that you may not know:
1. I’m a high school Assistant Principal. My Principal and three Assistant Principals who work with me all graduated from the same high school! One AP graduated in 74, the Principal in 75, another AP in 76 and me in 77. So at one point we were all at the same high school as students with no idea that 30 years later we’d all be together again at another high school as administrators.
2. My wife and I met and began “dating” in junior high. I actually told one of my buddies “That is the girl I’m going to marry” the first time I saw her… and that was VERY unlike me. We dated on and off through junior high and high school and then again when I was about to graduate from the community college. We got married in 1980.
3. I once caught a guy who had robbed a motel. He was armed with a knife and the cash he’d stolen. It’s a funny story that I’ll save for a future blog post. [I also had a guy try to pull a gun on me but disarmed him. — Another story I’ll have to share in a future blog post.]
4. Due to the popularity of my StalloneZone website, I was contacted by Sylvester Stallone and asked to run the Official “Rocky Balboa” movie blog. I agreed and my buddy, John Beatty, joined me in the project.
5. I am quoted as an “expert” in Jake Kalish’s book Santa vs Satan: The Official Compendium of Imaginary Fights. If you’re so inclined, you can find me on page 235 weighing in on “Rocky vs Rambo.”
6. Although I’ve “met” the following celebrities Paul Newman, Sonny & Cher, Greg Allman, Richard Petty, Kyle Petty, James Brolin, Mike Singletary, Vince Carter, Antonio Tarver, Bobby Bowden, Buster Davis, and others… I’ve never met Sly Stallone.
Now here at the people that I have tagged.
John of John Beatty Art.com. Although he’s my best friend since junior high, I have no idea if he’ll participate or not. If he does, I can guarantee it’ll be worth reading.
Evan of Evan Bryce.blogspot.com. Evan is one of the good guys… and an artist to watch!
Ivan from ThrillingDaysofYesterday. Ivan is my go-to guy on old time tv and movies!
Chris from Atomic Pulp and Other Meltdowns. Chris is an editor and writer. He also created one of my favorite crime comics Gravedigger: The Scavengers.
Rob of Rob Smith Jr.com. I’ve known Rob since high school. He’s a political cartoonist, art collector, and all around great guy.
Ed of Hall Toons.blogspot.com. Ed is a political cartoonist who isn’t afraid to take a stand.