If you have any interest at all in the Assassination of President Kennedy, you will want to check out Ten Tales from Dallas’s Parkland Hospital, Where JFK Died by Christopher Dale at Listverse.
Normally I would pick out my three favorite items from the list. I won’t this time because each fact/tale of the ten is rare and interesting. Without giving too much away, Dale’s behind-the-scenes of the Kennedy Assassination tells…
- Why Jackie Kennedy wouldn’t immediately let the Secret Service take President Kennedy into the emergency room.
- Why doctors performed procedures that they knew were useless and what Jackie had for them.
- What a doctor said and immediately regretted.
- How one of the procedures the doctors performed destroyed potential evidence.
- Prank calls received at the hospital once it was announced that President Kennedy had died.
- Why the Last Rites were performed even though the President had died, and how the Priest disobeyed warnings from the Secret Service
- Why Vice President Johnson delayed an official announcement that President Kennedy had died.
- Why local authorities struggled with Secret Service agents in an effort to take control of President Kennedy’s body.
- What happened when President Kennedy’s suspected assassin, Lee Harvey Oswald, was taken to the same hospital as President Kennedy after being shot.
- The contents of the self-serving memo released by Parkland Hospital Administrator Charles Jack “CJ” Price less than a week after the murder of President Kennedy.
Hats of to Christopher Dale!