UFC 146 on pay-per-view last night was an excellent card, Here are the results and my thoughts on the three top fights:
- Roy Nelson vs Dave Herman
Prediction: Nelson by decision
Result: Nelson won via first round KO [51 seconds] [Making me 1-0 for the night]
Thoughts: Nelson is a fan favorite with power and he showed it last night.
- Cain Velasquez vs. Antonio Silva
Prediction: Velasquez by TKO
Result: Velasquez by first round TKO [3:36] [Making me 2-0 for the night]
Thoughts: Velasquez took Silva down and swarmed him with punches and elbows which opened up a cut producing one of the bloodiest bouts in memory. Velasquez should be next in line for a title shot.
- Junior dos Santos vs. Frank Mir
Prediction: Although the odds are against him, Miir is my favorite fighter so in an huge upset special – Mir by submission.
Result: JDS won via second round TKO [3:04 seconds] [Making me 2-1 for the night]
Thoughts: JDS and Mir are both class acts with each praising the other after the fight. Mir couldn’t get JDS to the canvas and JDS was not willing to go there, so the fight remained a stand-up battle that ended as predicted.
- Jason Mayhem Miller rocked CB Dollaway a couple of times but had no answer when CB took him to the mat and rode him for the remainder of the rounds. Of course CB couldn’t do much except ride, so it made for a boring match met with a lot of boos. CB won the decision and Miller was cut from the UFC.
- Brock Lesnar was in the crowd and it was reported that he wanted to meet with Dana White causing speculation that Lesnar may want to return for another run. My guess is that if Lesnar was thinking about a return to the UFC, it would have been for a title shot if Mir had won.